Southern California Edison (SCE) has announced programs to help residents impacted by the recent storm events. Customers are eligible to receive support from SCE in a variety of ways that can help ease their recovery.
• Waive deposit requirements for affected small business customers seeking to reestablish service to a new location. SCE does not collect reestablishment deposits from residential customers.
• Discontinue billing for homes that have been destroyed, are deemed uninhabitable or have evacuation periods.
• Offer reasonable payment plans to help ease the financial impacts resulting from the disaster event.
• Suspend disconnection for non-payment.
The attached fact sheet details the programs and contains links on the available programs and contact information on how to contact SCE to take advantage of these programs:
SCE Disaster Assistance Fact Sheet (English) PDF
SCE Disaster Assistance Fact Sheet (Spanish) PDF
The State of California has made Disaster Loan Assistance available for those impacted by the December 21, 2023 storm - SBA staff are available to assist community members in applying for low interest loans to help homeowners, renters, and businesses to recover from the declared storm and flooding disaster at the South Oxnard Branch Library - 4300 Saviers Road, Oxnard. More information below.
El personal de la Agencia de Pequenos Negocios (SBA por sus siglas en ingles) esta disponible para ayudar a los miembros de la comunidad a solicitar prestamos a bajo interes para ayudar a los propietarios de viviendas, inquillinos y negocios a recuperarse del desastre declarado por tormenta e inundaciones el 21 de deciembre de 2023.
Beginning Saturday, the Small Business Administration will open a Disaster Loan Outreach Center to answer questions about SBA’s disaster loan program and to assist residents with completing an application.
The Disaster Loan Outreach Center will be operated out of the the South Oxnard Library located at 4300 Saviers Road, Oxnard, CA 93033. The hours of operation on Saturday, January 13th will be from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Thereafter, the hours of operation will be Monday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. until further notice. No appointment is necessary.
The December 2023, storms caused significant flooding and damage, primarily concentrated in the cities of Oxnard and Port Hueneme. However, SBA assistance is available to all qualifying Ventura County homeowners and renters whose property was damaged or destroyed by this disaster. SBA provides low interest loans that may be used to repair or replace primary residences or personal property, such as clothing, furniture, cars and appliances. For more information on SBA assistance, please visit VCEmergency.com
Storm Recovery Update for January 10: Preliminary Notification Received that Small Business Administration Disaster Loan Program to be Made Available
The City of Port Hueneme has been actively working with Ventura County and the City of Oxnard to advocate for assistance from the state to assist in storm recovery, including Small Business Administration Disaster Loan Program opportunities. Ventura County has received preliminary notification that the Small Business Administration Disaster Loan Program will soon be made available to residents impacted by recent storms.
Once a final notification is received, we will share additional information on our Facebook page, city website, and via flyers in impacted areas.
Under this program, residents and businesses may be eligible for financial assistance from SBA – even if you do not own a business. As a homeowner, renter or personal property owner, you may apple to SBA for a loan to help you recover from a disaster.
We expect to receive official notification from the Small Business Administration of this program being activated this week and when available, we will immediately publish information on this web page on how you can apply.
Efforts remain underway to secure other disaster assistance programs for our community, including the FEMA Individual Assistance Program. Several formal requests to activate this program have been made to the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services.
All local cities have partnered with 211 of Ventura to assist residents with any unmet needs they may have due to the December floods. If you or your family has unmet needs, please call 211 from any landline or cellular telephone and a representative will work to connect you with one of several organizations available to assist.
Assistance may be available in the following areas:
The Cities of Port Hueneme, Oxnard, and Ventura are working jointly with Ventura County Sheriff’s Emergency Services to qualify for State and Federal disaster assistance programs. Before residents can apply for assistance, damage in the County of Ventura must verified by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Small Business Administration and officials must designate our region as a disaster area.
Despite the severity of the damage, this state and federal process does take time to transpire. Please understand that every effort is being made locally to expedite the state and federal governments decision to designate Ventura County as a disaster area.
Please refer to https://vcemergency.com for additional updates.
All local cities have partnered with 211 of Ventura to assist residents with any unmet needs they may have due to the December floods. If you or your family has unmet needs, please call 211 from any landline or cellular telephone and a representative will work to connect you with one of several organizations that can help you.
Next Steps and Frequently Asked Questions: Storm Update
Here is the latest recovery information and answers to questions we have been receiving:
1. Recovery Help/Assistance Information: Dial 2-1-1
2. Parking Enforcement: Due to the ongoing cleanup and recovery efforts, parking enforcement has been suspended through January 7, 2024.
3. Street Sweeping: Street sweeping has been canceled for Thursday, 12/28, and Friday, 12/29 along with Thursday 1/4, and Friday, 1/5 due to the ongoing cleanup efforts related to the storm.
4. Garage Door Permits: Garage door permits will no longer be required from the City.
5. Trash Bins: Trash has been and will be collected every day this week. Place your carts in the usual spots and they will be emptied for you. If your trash bin is missing as a result of storm activity, call (805) 986-6650 or (805) 986-6652. For specific concerns or needs, please call 805-797-0165.
6. City Hall Hours: City Hall is open for business. Our regular business hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm on the following dates: 12/27, 12/28/, 12/29. We will be closed on January 1, 2024
7. Claims: If you believe that your property was damaged as a result of city action in responding to the storm emergency, you may file a claim at this time by visiting the following link: Claim Document Link
The claim can be mailed or delivered in person to City Hall during regular business hours. If you believe that you have property damage that was caused by the Ventura County Flood Control facility, you have to file a claim with the County by visiting the following link: https://vcportal.ventura.org/CEO/COB/docs/Claims_Summons.pdf
8. Road Closures: There are currently no road closures in the City of Port Hueneme.
9. Public Buildings: All public buildings are open except for The Ray D. Prueter Library. Remediation will take at least 2 weeks, and the library will be closed for an indefinite period of time.
Ventura County Library staff members are working closely and efficiently with the Ventura County General Services Agency (GSA) to take appropriate steps and address the situation as quickly as possible. In the meantime, due dates for items at this location will be extended and the exterior return bin will be closed. No overdue fines are assessed. The Virtual Library is open 24/7 at: http://www.vencolibrary.org/ and the closest branch library is the Albert H. Soliz Library in El Rio at 2820 Jourdan Street, Oxnard, CA 93036.
10. How do I locate my vehicle? If you can’t find your vehicle please take the following steps:
A. Look through adjacent parking lots as some vehicles may have been towed and dropped off there.
B If you are unable to locate your vehicle in adjacent parking lots, call the Port Hueneme Dispatch Center at 805-986-6530.
C. Make sure your vehicle was parked in the City of Port Hueneme. It may be possible your vehicle was on Oxnard City streets. In such cases, residents should contact the City of Oxnard.
Próximos pasos y preguntas frecuentes: Actualización de la tormenta
Aquí está la información más reciente sobre recuperación y las respuestas a las preguntas que hemos estado recibiendo.
1. Ayuda de Recuperacion/Informacion de Asistancia:
2. Control de estacionamiento: Debido a los esfuerzos continuos de limpieza y recuperacion, el control de estacionamiento se suspendido hasta el 7 de enero, 2024.
3. Barrido de calles: la limpieza de las calles ha sido ccancelada por el Jueves, 12/28, Viernes 12/29, Jueves 1/04 y Viernes 1/05 debido al esfuerzo continuo relacionados con la tormenta.
4. Permisos para puertas de garaje: Permisos para puertas de garaje no seran requeridos por la ciudad.
5. Contenedores de basura: la basura ha sido y será recolectada todos los días de esta semana. Coloca tus contenedores de basura en los lugares habituales y serán vaciados por ti. Si su contenedor de basura falta como resultado de la tormenta, llame al (805) -986-6650 o al (805) 986-6652. Si tiene inquietudes o necesidades específicas, llame al 805-797-0165.
6. Horario del Ayuntamiento: El ayuntamiento está Abierto al público. Nuestro horario de oficina es de 8:00 am a 5:00 pm en las siguientes fechas: 12/27, 12/28, 12/29. Estaremos cerrados el 1 de enero del 2024.
7. Reclamaciones: si cree que su propiedad resulto dañada como resultado de la acción de la ciudad en respuesta a la emergencia de la tormenta, puede presentar un reclamo en este momento visitando el siguiente enlace: Claim Document Link El reclamo puede enviarse por correo o entregarse en persona en el Ayuntamiento durante el horario de oficina. Si cree que tiene daños a la propriedad causados por las instalaciones de control de inundaciones del condado de Ventura, debe presentar un reclamo ante el condado visitando el siguiente enlace: https://vcportal.ventura.org/CEO/COB/docs/Claims_Summons.pdf
8. Cierres de carreteras: actualmente no hay cierres de carreteras en la ciudad de Port Hueneme.
9. Edificios públicos: todos los edificios públicos están abiertos excepto la biblioteca Ray D. Prueter. La remediación tomará un mínimo de 2 semanas y la biblioteca estará cerrada por un periodo de tiempo indefinido.
10. ¿Como localizo mi vehículo? Si no puede encontrar su vehículo, siga los siguientes pasos:
A. Mire a través de los estacionamientos cercanos, ya que es posible que algunos vehículos haya sigo remolcados y dejados allí.
B. Si no puede ubicar su vehículo en los estacionamientos cercanos, llame al centro de despacho de la estación de policía de Port Hueneme al 805-986-6530.
C. Asegúrese de que su vehículo estuviera estacionado en la ciudad de Port Hueneme. Es posible que su vehículo estuviera en las calles de la Ciudad de Oxnard. En este caso, los residentes deben comunicarse con la cuidad de Oxnard.