Hueneme Beach Park
Hueneme Beach Park is the pride of Port Hueneme. This 50-acre park offers:
- Numerous picnic tables and barbecue pits
- Walking paths between the flag plazas, gazebo, and lighthouse
- The stately Alaska Air Flight 261 memorial sundial
- Sand volleyball courts
- Surfside Seafood snack bar
- Lifeguard protection and a Junior Lifeguard Program in the summer.
For the health and safety of both humans and dogs, no dogs are allowed on the beach. Children who play in the sand can become seriously ill by coming into contact with animal feces, which carries a host of infectious organisms. Just walking barefoot on the sand that has been contaminated can lead to infection and transmission of hookworms to humans. And your dogs are not immune to health problems as a result of romping on the beach- they may ingest contaminated sand and become infected with parasites or parvo (a common, often deadly disease) by coming into contact with dead sea animals or birds.