Orvene S. Carpenter Community Center
TO REGISTER FOR ACTIVITIES OR PROGRAMS, PLEASE CLICK HERE OR CALL RECREATION FOR ASSISTANCE AT 805-986-6542.
This state-of-the-art facility is named after Orvene S. Carpenter, the longest-serving Port Hueneme Council member of 29 years, former Mayor, and retired Port Hueneme and Oxnard Postmaster. It is located next to the Ray D. Prueter Library and Bubbling Springs Park at 550 Park Avenue, Port Hueneme, CA 93041
The City of Port Hueneme’s Recreation and Community Services Division monitors the use of our parks to ensure they are available for the benefit of the community. The City of Port Hueneme has recently seen an increase in pickleball court reservations, likely due to other neighboring agencies eliminating reservations. This has resulted in fewer courts available for public use.
To ensure that we maintain courts available for public use and open court hours, the City is modifying our reservation guidelines to increase public use hours. The guidelines are as follows:
Pickleball Court Reservation Guidelines:
- Pickleball courts 6 through 10 are available for reservation between 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm Monday – Friday.
- Reservations may be made up to 21 days in advance but no less than 3 days in advance.
- Each reservation is limited to a maximum of 2 courts.
- Multiple cancellations and/or no-shows may result in the loss of court reservation privileges.
- When courts are not reserved, courts are available for public use on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The City of Port Hueneme retains the right to reserve courts for city-operated and/or sponsored events and programs (and for 3rd party programs co-sponsored by the City) and may conduct such activities on days and at times it deems appropriate.
TO RESERVE A COURT, PLEASE CLICK HERE OR CALL RECREATION FOR ASSISTANCE AT 805-986-6542.