The City of Port Hueneme operates a vital water system that provides customers safe and reliable drinking water. Water rates charged to customers pay for operations and maintenance of the system, system upgrades and replacement and administrative costs. The cost of service and rate study authorized by the City was intended to accomplishment the following:
- Ensure revenue sufficiency for operating and capital needs
- Develop a rate structure that is fair and equitable
- Recover City costs with minimal impact to customers
Under the proposed water rate structure:
- Approximately 70% of our customers – those who use less than 7 HCF (hundred cubic feet) – will experience lower water bills in 2020.
- Customers who use more than 7 hundred cubic feetwill see an increase in their water bill compared to the current rate structure.
The resources below provide detailed information about the study, proposed rate structure and 218 process. Two public information sessions were previously held and a final informational meeting is scheduled for January 23, 2020. The upcoming meeting will be held in the Council Chamber of Port Hueneme City Hall at 6:00 p.m. and will consist of the same presentation as provided at the previous informational meetings. A copy of that presentation is provided in the resources attached below.
Final Water Rate Study (English)
Fact Sheet / Hoja de hechos (English) (Español)
Frequently Asked Questions / Pregutas mas frecuentes (English) (Español)
Public Hearing Notice / Aviso de audiencia publica (English) (Español)
December 18, 2019 – Public Information Session Presentation (English)
November 20, 2019 – Public Information Session Video (English)