Encroachment Permits are issued by the Public Works Department and are required whenever an obstruction is within the City road right-of-way or City easement. Such work would include utility installations and repairs, roadway and drainage improvements by developers, driveway construction, sidewalk repair, filming of motion pictures and still photography, or placement of obstructions in the right-of-way such as fences, trees, poles, and overhead structures.
Encroachment Permit Application
Click here to email your completed permit request.
1. Completed application with applicants name and address , City Business License number and State Contractors License number for each contractor working within the City right-of-way or City easement.
2. Submit scale drawings, sketch or written description and limits of work to be completed in City right-of-way or City easement.
4. Contractors working within the City right-of-way or City easement are required to have either a Class A, C-12 or C-34 license. C31 may perform traffic control services when there is no physical construction to the City right-of-way or City easement.
5. A contractor with a Class C-36 license may work in the City right-of-way or City easement in conjunction with a Class A, C-12 or C-34 to complete street paving.
6. When working in the roadway submit a traffic control plan for City approval. If you do not have an approved traffic control plan, a permit will not be issued.
7. Pay the encroachment fee (amount to be determined based on the amount and type of work intended). Make check payable to: City of Port Hueneme. Credit Cards accepted at City Hall.
8. When all of the above are acceptable, we will assign an Encroachment Permit number, sign the permit and issue a copy to you and forward the original to our inspector.
9. Before beginning work, read all attached conditions of the Encroachment Permit, 24 hours prior to beginning work, call Public Works Inspector at (805) 986-6507.
10. Maintain permit on site for duration of construction.
Acceptable forms of payment:
American Express, Discover, Visa or MasterCard by email, please include
a. Card number
b. Expiration date
c. 3 digit code on back of card