PROTECT YOUR WATER!
If you witness an illicit discharge or dumping to the storm drain system, please call (805) 986-6561 during normal business hours.
To report after hours or on weekends/holidays please call Police Dispatch at (805) 986-6538.
The Wastewater Division oversees the City’s Stormwater Quality Management Program. The City is required by the Clean Water Act to comply with a Stormwater National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit issued by the State. The Stormwater Quality Management Program implements this Federal mandate to reduce the amount of pollution that enters our stormdrain system. Unlike wastewater flows that get treated to remove pollutants, stormwater runoff runs directly to the stormdrains and eventually to our waterways without treatment. This untreated runoff can carry many pollutants to our waterways and eventually the ocean. There are some relatively simple things that everyone can do to help prevent stormwater pollution and these include:
· Don’t dump litter or waste on streets or in stormdrains.
· Keep yard trimmings and leaves out of the street.
· Dispose of household chemicals properly.
· Pick up after your pet and dispose of waste in a trash can.
· Clean up oil spills and fix leaking automobiles.